Monday, July 01, 2013

Cafe Coffee Day - the loves and hates [UBC Post 1]

So, I jumped the bandwagon, since I am an incorrigible. I am joining the Ultimate Blog Challenge July 2013, despite the fact that I have been part of Photo-A-Day Challenges in May and June. To cut the long story short, this challenge expects one to post 31 times during this month, preferably one each day but there is no such rule. 

The thing is I want to write a lot on this blog, no matter how random. I want to keep the habit of writing daily and sometimes even scheduling. And it is not that we ever have any dearth of things to write about. This world is a dynamic and entertaining place, and we are quite opinionated. 

We went to the mall yesterday. Nothing great shakes about it since 80% of the people probably do the same thing on the weekends. But we never go on a Sunday evening because it looks like all the people have come to the same mall, there are queues everywhere. Those are the only times when I say 'I hate shopping!'


Anyways, I wanted to talk about CCD - the Cafe Coffee Day. I love their Cappuccino. It is my instant-pick-me-up at a mall. I was always found at the CCD on the 3rd floor of Shoppers Stop next to my office, every Saturday afternoon. Those were the days! But they used to serve nice sandwiches too. Paneer Tariyaki was my absolute favourite. But somehow no one except me was ordering them so they discontinued it. Next went the Muffins. I love muffins, and therefore out they went. I have made peace with their experimentation in sandwiches. I just pick anything.

But what I absolutely hate and I have experienced this often, they serve coffee before the sandwiches. Always. Always. Despite telling them 4 times while ordering. They don't get it. The first few times I ordered Sandwiches and Coffee, I did not deem it necessary to tell them that I want them together. They served me coffee first and sandwich much, much later. The next few times I told them I wanted them together. So, the intelligent people prepared the coffee and kept it aside. Then brought coffee and sandwiches together because I never told them that the coffee must be hot. So, after a few experiences of reheating the coffee, yesterday I told the person (3 times) to get me the coffee and the sandwich TOGETHER and everything should be HOT. I also ordered for a Brownie for the little one. I told him specifically to get me the Brownie first so that I can keep him busy, and then get me the sandwich and coffee together (both hot). So, any guesses, what I got? I got the Brownie with Coffee. I had ordered 2 coffee. They got me 1 coffee with the Brownie. I almost lost my cool and asked the person 'why was I getting 1 coffee and that too with the Brownie!' He was not the person who took the order (which was not my problem). He was exasperated as to why was I losing my cool on such a trivial issue (he did not tell me but it was obvious from his expressions). Because he did not know that all of them did the same thing across the outlets!

He said he did not know about my order (which again was not my problem). He said he would take my coffee back and get the right order. I could see that he stood talking with the guy who took the order, a little away from where I was sitting. And I am quite sure they must be throwing abuses my way (for all I care). Get the b*#$!y order right guys, don't blame the customers!

Has this happened with you too? Now, no matter how much I love their coffee, I am thinking of shifting my loyalties. 

Image courtesy: Cafe Coffee Day


14 comments:

  1. I can relate to this experience! Somehow at some places they just don't get it right!
    I have this mad fixation for soft masala dosa... not the crispy one. So wherever we go and every single time I have to repeat my specific requirement thrice about the dosa. And most of the times they would get the crispy dosa. And I would eat it with a frown. Then I started returning it back. So now the frowns are not on my face, atleast! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I really liked the last sentence :)

      Delete
  2. Oh quite often!!! I guess they are trained to serve what is ready first!!! The only way out? Order sandwich 1st and coffee later!! Another experience, they don't serve u water unless reminded 4-5 times! Happens at all their stores! Apparently they want us to buy their botteled water. My point if I am ready to drink tap water and am specifically asking for it they shud bloody well serve it.

    P.S. This post took me by surprise...i went and re read ur comment in my blog :D Good to have u in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm you really have figured them out. But I am usually so much in hurry that I have to order everything at once and stuff everything in my mouth once it comes. The little one is usually around and he does not like to be on one place for long!
      I decided after commenting on your post...ha ha! I also wanted to come along on your journey :-)

      Delete
    2. Trust me it is all the more fun with you around :)

      Delete
  3. Anonymous3:06 PM

    It never happened to me coz i rarel yorder coffee..i take muffins/sandwitch/brownies :-)

    All the best for challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks! They have stopped keeping muffins now. And I don't like Brownie too much :-(

      Delete
  4. So excited to see you take up the challenge too...Best wishes for all the 31 posts to come...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. To you too. And don't forget dropping in ;-)

      Delete
  5. I appreciate your sharing and your efforts in blogging everyday. It is a challenge!! Every experience is valuable that's for sure!! Life is rich.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish this could still happen to me! I am doing a summer challenge where I only drink WATER!! I miss my coffee!! Stopping by from UBC!

    <3 southernmessmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to your post Reema. I, too, an victim of the indifference or rather the ignorance. I prefer my Indian food with less oil,butter and ghee.But the restuarant people think otherwise. They are of the opinion that more the fat, tastier is the food.My pleas have always fallen of deaf ears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:42 AM

    ah! this has happened to me too!!
    CCD always gives the coffee first! Gah!
    and once they gave coffee first, then muffin and then sandwich! I mean, who does that?!! *eyeroll*

    Hopped over from Write Tribe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't go to CCD so often, and when I do, I usually just order coffee. On the rare occasions that I ordered something to eat too, I did get the complete order together, but the coffee seemed to get cold sooner than usual. I used to think maybe I had been slow in consuming it, but now I understand what must have happened! :P

    ReplyDelete