Tuesday, July 09, 2013

The Updates from yesterday [UBC Post 9]

Image courtesy: makeupandbeauty.com
We have started implementing the plans we made yesterday.

To begin with, today I managed 200 jumps (I don't know what else it is called) in rope skipping. I am at ease with skipping so I can easily reach 500 reps in a few days. I also need to incorporate half an hour of brisk walking or jogging soon.

Morning, when I was about to start my breakfast, one of my friends called up. She asked me what I was doing. I said I was about to savour my breakfast – poha and tea. She said, 'OK, then forget it'. I insisted, ‘no, tell me’. She said, ‘I was thinking if you would be interested in GM diet.’ She was basically looking for a partner to begin this difficult dieting program, for motivation. I am very clear, I will never do dieting. That’s just not me. We usually don’t eat much junk food. I don’t think food is that much an issue with me because I eat enough veggies and not more than 2 chapatis at one time. I realize that once I get regular with exercises like walking / jogging / skipping / yoga, I will nail it. I am not losing my sleep on it. Few kgs here and there is alright. What is a perfect body anyways? Are we ever happy with what we have? 

Image courtesy: bolsboardgames.com
We also played Scrabble today after putting the little one to sleep, like old days. But of course, then we used to play for hours, now we stick to a time. Whoever has the higher score by then, wins. The strange thing is that though I know more words, my husband always wins. The thing is he is able to think up a lot of big or multiple words. He even takes a lot of risks by framing weird words, which in his case mostly turn out to be actual words!

4 comments:

  1. That's a great beginning... both to stay fit physically and to spend quality time with hubby. Way to go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both very, very important if not taken care of ha ha :-)

      Delete
  2. lol!! at the last para!!

    And as far as losign weight is concerned, I am with you. DO what you are most comofortable with. I have resumed my controlled eating again...not proper dieting but am eating on time etc. I have to start going for a walk but I feel let the monsoon go away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning to get back to walking for so long now! And then add to that rains...it is just not happening :-(

      Delete