Monday, October 12, 2009

Old times sake

I had a true-blue nostalgic time today, and I loved it! It started with listening (and watching) one of my all-time-favourites on YouTube “Mujhe raat din bas muhe” from Sangharsh. Well, it took me to the old times, one song led to another and whoa………I kept listening to songs of those times one after another – from Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahi Title Track to Ae Mere Hamsafar from Qayamat se Qayamat Tak………from Pehli Pehli baar Baliye from Sangharsh to Tere Dar Par Sanam Chale Aaye from Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayi….and throw in a Tumse Milke from Parinda..........it was blissful!

Where have those songs gone! We don’t get to listen to Kumar Sanu, Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik, Sadhna Sargam too often these days. The days of any single singer ruling the Music industry has truly gone, now we have new set of singers in every movie!

I will leave you with one of the most beautiful songs of those times :-)

Tere dar par sanam chale aaye

Tu na aaya to hum chale aaye

Bin tere koi aas bhi na rahi

Itne tarse ke pyaas bhi na rahi

Oh, bin tere koi aas bhi na rahi

Itne tarse ke pyaas bhi na rahi - 2

Ladkhadaaye kadam, chale aaye - 2

Chale aaye, chale aaye

Tere dar par sanam chale aaye

Tu na aaya to hum chale aaye

Dil ko dhadka laga tha pal pal to

Shor sun le na koi paayal ka - 2

Phir bhi teri kasam chale aaye - 2

Chale aaye, chale aaye

Tere dar par sanam chale aaye

Tu na aaya to hum chale aaye

Tere dar par sanam chale aaye

Tu na aaya to hum chale aaye

Yup back for more......just re-discovered Hum Aapke Hain Kaun. I think it was the first movie that made casting entertaining. I can just keep looking at Salman and Madhuri over and over again, and both look absolutely captivating in this movie. Even S.P.Balasubramanium’s voice sounded heaven to me (I never really liked it)! Ended up listening to all the songs. I have never been a Salman Khan fan but he looks so adorable in this, and Madhuri looks lovely and sensuous! Check out songs at YouTube.

4 comments:

  1. I remember going mushy over "mujhse juda hoke' song from HAHK!!!

    We surely have a different kind of memories associated with those songs!!

    Lovely nostalgic post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh lovely song..i like udit narayan's voice..but somehow the new bunch of singers..provide a nice fresh voice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Longest time no see!! All ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm extremely touched to see your comment :-) Lots to write about....will come back more!

    ReplyDelete