Sunday, June 28, 2009

Movie Mania

I saw 2 movies back to back yesterday in a theatre, something which I have not done since college, that too when I had gone for the FTII Film Festival. We saw 'New York' first. Frankly, I was not too keen on this movie because I did not expect much out of (what I felt) 3 non-actors! But I kind of liked the movie. It was not very good, but it was OK.

Although the movie is promoted as John-Katrina starrer but actually it is Neil's movie throughout andhe definitely steals the show. Katrina is reasonably better than all of her movies till date. John somehow felt a little aloof. He was OK, but I don't know whether it was his screen timing or what, his role felt like a guest appearance role. Irfan as usual was very good.

The promos portray it as a college movie, but the real story starts after college. Well, I would not spoil the fun. Let's say it is surely worth a watch.

The seond movie was "X-men Wolverine". We watched its 11.15 show and it was really chilling inside the hall, which also gave me a sore throat. Add to that half the things flew over my head, since I have not seen any of the X-Men movies. So, it was OK. Although my husband and my friends liked it better than New York!

Since this question keeps coming back to me - courtesy yesterday's movies and today also I saw 2 on TV - why is it that heroines have to be pretty, poor little things and why they always have to be a school teacher (nursery grade) or a nurse or a Human Rights activist? By the Way, today I saw "The Longest Penalty Kick of the World" (something like that) a Spanish movie on World Movies and then Goal II on Star Movies. And owing to my sore throat, I have only rested today. So, a good laid back Sunday in all!

No comments:

Post a Comment