Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Hats off to “The Khel Ratna”, Dhoni


I must add that I was really proud when I heard that Dhoni is going to get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, the highest honour for a sportsman in our country. Besides being extremely cute (I am sure the Award has nothing to do with that), he has come really long way from being a small town wonder boy. In fact, I don’t recall if I have ever seen him without his characteristic composure. He comes across as a cool, composed, sophisticated, extremely confident and level-headed. Few weeks back, I remember I saw a show hosted by Shahrukh Khan, where in all the cricketers were pulled on the stage, one at a time, and were asked to copy the dance moves by Shahrukh himself. Though Shreesanth was undoubtedly the best dancer of the lot; Dhoni showed immense composure and was completely at ease, all with his one-liners. I am really proud of him, since we both are from Jharkhand. More so because he has put Jharkhand, even Ranchi, on the map of the country; and for once when you say you are from Jharkhand / Bihar, people don’t say – Oh Lalu!..........rather they say…….Oh Dhoniiiiiiiiiiii!

No comments:

Post a Comment