Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pyaar Ke Side Effects


I saw Pyaar Ke Side Effects for the nth time yesterday. This movie never fails to amuse me. All through the movie, I and my hubby were giving each other side-glances with unspoken I know. I must say that the script writer has done an amazing job in understanding the typical behaviour of a girl and a boy. We had so many occasions when we felt they were talking about us, and I’m sure everyone feels the same way.

When Rahul Bose’s sister says “ladkon ko to obvious cheezen dikhti hi nahi hain”, I could not agree less. Whether it is about a wet towel lying on the bed, or the newspaper strewn all over the sofa or the lid of the oil can left open – these are all typical behaviour of a guy. I don’t know if they secretly taught to do all these.

My hubby also got opportunity to get back at me when Rahul Bose and Mallika go shopping after their engagement; one of the side effects was - aapko suddenly dher sari shopping karni padegi, un cheezon ki jiski aapko kabhi zaroorat mehsoos nahi hui. Ab mujhe kya pata ki is colour ke walls ke sath us colour ke curtains ke saath kaise lagenge! Well, been there, done that. Guys just don’t have imagination. If you will do everything and then understand how it will look, then what’s the point? You need to visualize!

The opening scene was hilarious too. Rahul Bose says that women always ask questions like do you love me or how much you love me right in the middle of a critical match. Well, my opinion is guys don’t like to talk about these things much, while girls do. Guys think if you love someone, you love someone; you don’t need to say it again and again. But women do like expression of feelings more, and it does feel like a mere match is more important for your guy than you. It reminds me of a hilarious joke which somebody forwarded to me:

Her Diary

Today night, I thought he was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a cafe to have some coffee.


I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment. Conversation wasn't flowing so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk, he agreed but he kept quiet and absent.


I asked him what was wrong - he said, "Nothing."


I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said it had nothing to do with me and not to worry.


On the way home I told him that I loved him, he simply smiled and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior; I don't know why he didn't say, "I love u, too."


When we got home I felt as if I had lost him, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there and watched TV.; he seemed distant and absent.


Finally I decided to go to bed. About 10 minutes later he came to bed.I decided that I could not take it anymore, so I decided to confront him with the situation but he had fallen asleep. I started crying and cried until I too fell asleep.


I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else.My life is a disaster.

His Diary


Today India lost the cricket match against Bangladesh. Damn it!

Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment