Monday, June 09, 2008

Girls weekend out!


I had a rocking weekend. As planned, my friend came down from Mumbai, and there was no stopping us. Luckily, I was off from office by 2.30 pm on Saturday; picked up my friend, devoured my favourite Herb Bread Paneer Tariyaki and Cappuccino at CCD, and went shopping at Pyramid. Shopping leisurely is a luxury, which you can only indulge in with your girl friends. That done, off we went home. Sunday morning was already planned for Sarkar Raaj. So both of us and my mum-in-law went to Adlabs and were able to catch the third show of the day at 11.20 am. Not bad at all! I always like to catch morning shows so that I have the entire day to do other things. Had lots and lots of Caramel Popcorn and kept half my eyes closed during the second half of the movies (too gruesome!).

The icing on the cake was, I bought 3 books – P.G.Wodehouse Inimitable Jeeves, Motorcycle Diaries and Jhumpa Lahiri’s Unaccustomed Earth – from roadside vendor and felt very happy about saving so much money. Of late I have been buying books only from Crossword / Landmark / Odyssey / Online, so just spend loads of money on books. In fact, I ordered a book online on Friday called The Artist’s Way which is for budding writers. Supposed to be very good. Let’s see.

I just finished my last mindless book or chic-lit novel called “the Secret Diary of a Demented Housewife”. After a while all Chic-lits start sounding alike, and you crave for variety. At that moment you can pick up some heavy stuff. I just Google on bestsellers or go to Book Reviews of New York Times or The Hindu, to pick some good book. I came across this non-fiction account of a murder of an entire family. I have already compared the prices on various sites and ordered. I feel ashamed to say but can’t wait to read it.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:40 AM

    Really enjoying your blog - have you read any of Jodi Picoult's books? Read 3 recently - all excellent - especially My Sister's Keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sapna, thanks for your visiting and leaving your comments. Guess, you too are a book buff. Check out www.powells.com for whole lot of interesting books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:26 PM

    Love reading, love books, so little time...........Thanks for the website tip.

    ReplyDelete