Saturday, September 15, 2007

Introspective wanderings

I am a writer at heart at least that is what I like to believe. I like to believe that before you become a good writer, you need to become a voracious reader.
How many times it has happened to you that you have read a book and marveled at the knowledge of the writer? How many times you have read a novel and it has touched you deep inside and left you wondering how it is possible to define an emotion so beautifully? And how many times you have been filled with awe by the sheer genius of an author in describing a moment? Well, since I am an aspiring writer, these days I also look at what is the style of a narration and how has the story been told. In fact, I also know what kind of books I want to write. I have found a writer of my own taste. I have devoured four of her books and only two other are yet to be read. I am just dying to lay my hands on them. The stories are engrossing and deliciously funny. There are at least hundred instances when you empathise with the character, frankly speaking, most of the girls would feel one with the character. Well, all of us are born Shopaholics, aren’t we! Well, if you have ever read any of the books in Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella, you would know what I am talking about. I love her style and would like to write like her. Of course, I would like to be known for my own style but you know it always help to define your objective.

Today I was into my one of those introspective modes. I was thanking God for a decent Appraisal, and then suddenly I realized that there are actually so many things which I should be thankful about. Look around and you would find most of the people unhappy about one thing or the other. Some of them have been unfortunate in marriage. Some have been unlucky in their careers. Some are cribbing about the tons of responsibilities thrown on them at a young age. Some have lost the purpose of living. And of course, there are millions of people suffering in poverty and destitute. When you look at all these, you suddenly realize what a blessing your own life is! And here, you were cribbing about how much more your salary should have been, how much better life partner you could have chosen, how your friends are settled in U.S and how better others’ lives are! Frankly, there is no end to it. You would always find something to cry about. Nobody is supposed to be perfect; nobody is supposed to have a flawless life. I strongly believe all of us have our share of happiness and sorrows. You cannot just compare your house with the Bungalow your friend has, because you never know he must be struggling to make his two ends meet after paying loads of EMIs for that lovely bungalow. So why not be thankful about all the good things in life. Come on, all of us have something to be happy about. So keep smiling and feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment