Thursday, November 04, 2004

Happy Diwali

I know it is still some time for Diwali but since I am going home today so Wishing everyone a very Happy and Prosperous Diwali. It is really a beautiful festival. I quit cracking Pathakhas some years back, because of several reasons.To begin with I hate the loud noise it creates and disturbs my tranquility. Secondly, it is actually wasting money. The more you buy them, whether you realise or not you are actually burning money.But try arguing with those who love doing it!!! Besides, to bring in a social angle to this, most of us are aware that these pathakhas are made by children, because of which they acquire several dreadful ailments for their entire lives. And finally, I am scared of bombs.
So Diwali for me is decorating house, making Rangolis and lighting diya.
Ever since I could remember, I have been filling up little earthen utensils with sweets and dhaan. When I was little, I used to be extremely excited because I would have lots of toys to play with but now I give them away to children of servants. I still get those tiny colourful animals made of sugar. I used to nibble them when I was little but now I acquire them because Diwali means all these! Can't help it!
So guys, have a ball, and enjoy!These are memories to linger forever, especially if it is a family get together because in this fast pace of life, it is difficult to get together too often!
Take a break!
Chill Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment